It's Spring term!
Our topic is Totally Urban.
- We will be studying the geography of New York city and exploring its history.
- We will be looking at land use differences in cities with small towns by comparing Alton High Street and Gunwharf Quays.
- There will be a chance to experience a taste of America on 'America Day'.
- Jump Rope will be a focus in PE; this is a chance to sample a new urban sport!
- We will be learning graffiti techniques and debating whether it is art or vandalism.
- We will be studying the origins and history of urban music like hip-hop as well as mixing some of our own!
This term we will be going to Porstmouth on January 24th to investigate the similarities and differences between a town and a city. In the afternoon we will be attending a concert celebrating Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra's 125th birthday. The children will all be participating in the concert (along with 1,800 other pupils from around Hampshire!). Follow this link to find out more and practice the body percussion and makaton signs. http://www.bsolive.com/schoolsconcert-celebration125.aspx